4) The Secretary of the Kentucky Economic Development Cabinet is one of the more crucial appointments in any governor's administration. At Kyndle, we work closely with the secretary and his team, so we know the importance of having the right person in that job. Outgoing Gov. Steve Beshear had the right to name the successor to the extremely effective Larry Hayes, who retired as secretary earlier this month. But Beshear has courteously left the pick to new Gov. Matt Bevin.
5) In case you missed it, here's a recap of Bevin's inauguration with video.
6) Thanks to the Webster County Fiscal Court, which hosted its annual Christmas breakfast last Friday at the Dixon Community Center. Great food and fellowship.
8) For years the Calhoun Lions Club has organized the McLean County Fair, but that arrangement looks like it will end.
9) How can the next President of the United States help small businesses in this country? Thomas "Mack" McLarty, who served in the administrations of Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush, has this advice.
10) The last Brown Bag Series lecture of the year is today at Kyndle at noon.The topic is what businesses need to know about the new credit cards with security chips in them. Check out the Kyndle calendar for upcoming events, seminars, ribbon cuttings and more.