Open Clinical LPN/CMA position
• Reports to the Director of Clinical Services
• Serves as a patient liaison and patient-centered clinical team member
• Performs nursing procedures under the supervision of the nurse practitioner
• Assists the provider in exam rooms
• Escorts patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s medical record/chart
• Gives instructions to patients as instructed by the provider
• Ensures all related reports, labs and information is filed is available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment
• Keeps exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, etc. as required
• Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
• Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to providers, case managers, other resource staff
• Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, etc.)
• All other duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Services
• LPN or CMA
• Previous knowledge and experience in the healthcare field
• Medical Terminology knowledge
• Experience working with EHRs
• Professional skills such as grammar, punctuation, spelling, time management, exceptional customer service skills and phone etiquette, etc.
• Must maintain current certification credentials (this must also include proof of education)
• Other preferable (not required) skills or experience include:
• Phlebotomy experience and/or certification.
• Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient workflow
• Knowledge and experience of the HIV or Infectious Disease specialty or relative public health experience
Applicants may apply at https://matthew25.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Billing and Coding Specialist
Department: Health Information Management
Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
The Billing and Coding Specialist is responsible for duties directly associated with medical billing and coding. This position will work with Scheduling Specialist, 340 B Manager, Health Information Specialist and Eligibility Specialist as a team to efficiently keep the revenue cycle going.
- Must be a certified coding specialist through an accredited association or have completed an associate's degree program in medical billing and coding
- A minimum of 2 years experience in medical billing and coding, clinical experience preferred.
- Experience with commonly used classification systems, such as ICD-10, CPT, DSM-IV and HCPCS.
- Training in medical insurance and the various public and private providers, such as Medicaid, Medicare or Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
- Must have an understanding of laws and ethics related to health insurance, medical billing and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Prior experience with entering and collecting data to ensure quality care for HIV infected individuals a plus.
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Ability to operate a multi-line phone system.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and public.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive client information.
- Experience working with culturally diverse, sexual/gender orientations, the homeless, substance abusers, those that live in poverty and individuals with multiple diagnoses.
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work within a team.