Henderson Community College
Henderson Community College, a comprehensive two-year college in northwestern Kentucky, is looking for a Chief Advancement and Communications Officer who directs fundraising and development efforts at the institution, serves as Executive Director of the College Foundation, Inc., develops, manages and handles the college's marketing plan, initiatives and budget and oversees the Preston Arts Center.
• Directs and oversees all aspects of the Office of Advancement.
• Serves as Executive Director of the College Foundation, Inc.
• Directs and oversees fundraising efforts and Major Gifts campaigns and the receipt of gifts. Develops and implements the college's comprehensive resource development plan and facilitates alumni relations efforts.
• Develops and manages the implementation of the college's comprehensive marketing plan. This includes day-to-day duties such as the writing of press releases, managing marketing campaigns and contracts, and working with various divisions on marketing initiatives.
• Oversees the Preston Arts Center.
• Develops college resources, including working with grants and other revenue-generating opportunities.
• Serves as coordinator of college advocacy campaigns.
• Manages the department budgets and oversees expenditures of departmental accounts in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and restrictions.
• Represents the college in professional groups, external affairs, and system-wide activities.
• Oversees department staff.
The intent of this job specification is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this classification and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job specification.
• Master's degree in public relations, resource development, higher education administration or related field, plus five years related experience or a Bachelor's degree, plus seven years related experience.
• Experience in foundation management preferred.
• Experience in marketing/public relations preferred.
• Professional certifications preferred.
• Budget and financial oversight experience preferred.
• Effective communication and technology skills.
• Strong commitment to student success and team-building.
Review of applications will begin on Tuesday, September 26 and continue until the position is filled. Search may be extended if additional candidates are needed. To apply complete online employment application, submit resume, letter of interest, and copies of all college transcripts. Documents may be submitted online through the application process. Official transcripts will be required if selected for employment. The desired starting date is November 1, 2017.
A benefits summary is available on HCC's HR page. Apply here