Resume for Sam Stone
Samuel J. Stone Robards, KY 42452
(270) 724-2138 cell ▪ email@example.com
CFO / CONTROLLER / ACCOUNTING MANAGER / SR. ACCOUNTANT
Detail focused, highly ethical accounting professional with a Bachelor Degree in Accounting and work experience demonstrating achievement of organizational and fiscal objectives and goals. Ability to pinpoint discrepancies to prevent potentially unnecessary cost expenditures. Willing to accept responsibilities beyond job duties and take on special projects at management request. Knowledge and skill areas include:
▪ Audits & Financial Statements ▪ General Ledger Accounting ▪ Financial Analysis
▪ Accounts Payable/Receivable ▪ Record/Systems Automation ▪ Reconciliations
▪ Financial Research Projects ▪ Teamwork & Communication ▪ Payroll Management
SAP, QAD, Microsoft Office, Excel/Word, MS Office, QuickBooks, Hyperion, Oracle, Great Plains, Infor, MAS90/200, AS400, Cal Type, FAS, and other various accounting systems and office programs.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting,University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
Relevant Accounting Experience
Daicel, LLC, Sr. Accountant, Beaver Dam, KY Jun 2016-Jun 2017
- Accounting responsibilities for three companies located in Beaver Dam, KY. They are:
(1). Daicel Safety Systems America, LLC (DSSA)
(2). Daicel Safety Tube Processing, Inc. (DSTP)
(3). Daicel Safety Technologies America (DSTA)
These are tier two automotive manufacturing plants that produce the energized parts for safety airbags.
- Duties include month end close and financial reporting, intercompany billings, journal entries, and account reconciliations. Review A/P input and checks prior to distribution. Participate in budget process.
- Prepare review tools and analyses by downloading system files and creating schedules, Excel databases, and pivot tables. These tools are used by the other accountants and distributed to management as needed.
- Preparation (DSSA) and review (DSTA and DSTP) of quarterly reporting.
- Preparation of special projects such as the recap of R&D tax credits, PBCs for audit firm and tax firm, summarize production costs of new projects, and other projects as requested. Responsible for sales and property tax preparation and filings.
- Continue to learn the different processes of each company and also teach learned processes.
Robert Half Management Resources, Sr. Accountant, Henderson, KY Oct 2015-Jun 2016
- Perform accounting functions including data input, preparation of journal entries, month end processing, and reconciliations. Accounting system used was QuickBooks.
- Prepare analysis of payroll, healthcare, expense reports, and resolve reporting issues as requested.
- Prepare for audit by public firm.
- Perform other duties as needed.
International Automotive Components, Plant Controller, Madisonville, KY 2012-Oct 2015
- Full financial responsibility for tier one automotive manufacturing plant. Plant produces automotive headliners and blow molding ducts and deck board with $50 million in sales, 140,000 sq. ft. facility, and 275 UAW employees.
- Report production and variances to management daily, prepare financials, forecasting, budget and perform analysis and SOX compliance. Passed first plant’s SOX audit with compliments. Work closely with other departments to lower both production and overhead costs. Report through corporate structure.
- Refined daily cost and margin analysis resulting in more consistent financial performance.
- Supervise and review work of assistant controller, cost accountant and one bookkeeper.
Pittsburgh Glass Works, Accounting Supervisor/Assistant Controller, Evansville, IN 2011-2012
- Reported production and variances to management daily, oversaw accounts payable, prepared financials, performed analysis and reconciliations, supervised and reviewed work of two accountants, assisted with weekly forecasts, budgets, and created reports as required of tier one plant.
- Performed cycle counts, coordinated physical inventories and assisted Controller.
Fortis Plastics, LLC, Plant Controller, Henderson, KY 2008-2010
- Plant Controller for two plant facilities (Henderson, KY and Ft. Smith, AR). Split time between the plants.
- Responsible for all financial reporting, analysis, cost accounting, inventory control, budgeting, annual audit reports and requirements.
- Worked closely with Plant Managers to control costs and maximize profits. Reduced Ft. Smith’s variable costs by 4%. Assisted Plant Manager in Henderson to increase EBITDA from 5% to 15%.
- Acted as Financial Analyst to the Corporate Controller in the startup of Fortis including consolidation of 4 Leggett & Platt Plants with 6 Atlantis Plants. Also performed the initial set up of banking, state registration of each plant, transfers of software licenses, vehicle titles, and accounting structure. In charge of annual public audits for full division.
- Supervised two accountants and also provided support to plant controllers at other locations.
BSTR, Inc., Chief Financial Officer, Bowling Green, KY 2006-2008
- Managed and grew company internally by 35%. Prepared acquisition analysis for potential mergers, negotiated with other company owners, and met with financial institutions/investment bankers.
- Coordinated and prepared all SEC filings, including quarterly/annual reports on a timely basis.
- Supervised all accounting functions, human resources, and incentive plans.
- Prepared organizational and accounting procedures for implementation to be SOX compliant.
Banc Source, Inc., National Coporate Comptroller, Henderson, KY 1999-2006
- Prepared financials, entered all general ledger activity, prepared sales tax returns in 37 states, and verified payroll. Administered benefits, insurances, 401(k), payables, and collected delinquent receivables. Developed and administered executive bonus program for over 125 executive employees. The company was broken down into five regions and treated as multiple companies.
- Performed due diligence and assumed financial responsibility in conjunction with the acquisition of 5 companies. Confirmed compliance to all sales agreements.
- Installed new accounting system and service package to keep up with company growth. Growth increased 350%. Sales increased from $10 million to $35 million. Also, national footprint increased from 17 states to 44 states.