Pictures and Story by: The Lane Report
The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce on Monday released its 2018 Legislative Agenda detailing the legislative priorities of the business community for the upcoming session of the Kentucky General Assembly.
The chamber’s legislative agenda is developed by several policy councils comprised of members with final approval given by the board of directors.
The chamber aligns its legislative priorities to the Four Pillars for Prosperity publication, which focuses on issues that influence the state’s economy and creating a more competitive Kentucky.
Areas of focus in the 2018 Legislative Agenda include:
• Responsible Budget
• Tax Reform
• Pension Reform
• Essential Workforce Skills
• Improve Workers’ Compensation System
• Enable Smoke-Free Workplaces
• Reform the Criminal Justice System
• Enact Legal Liability Reform
• Invest in 21st Century infrastructure
• Protect Low-Cost Energy