WEST KENTUCKY REGIONAL INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (WKRIDA)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The West Kentucky Regional Industrial Development Authority (hereafter known as WKRIDA) is accepting Statements of Qualifications from qualified firms for services related to developing a comprehensive integrated marketing communications plan for the Four Star Industrial Park in Robards, Kentucky.
WKRIDA is the governing board of the Four Star Industrial Park, an 800-acre regional industrial park formed in 1998 from revenues collected from coal severance dollars within the four-county regions of Henderson, McLean, Union and Webster in Northwest Kentucky. The Park features a certified shovel ready site and certified build ready site with all utility infrastructure in place.
Integrated Marketing Communications Plan
WKRIDA is seeking proposals from qualified consultants to prepare a comprehensive integrated marketing communications plan for the economic development marketing efforts of the Four Star Industrial Park. The plan will be the basis of marketing activity for the Four Star Industrial Park and its economic development partners to increase the tax base, encourage investment, create new jobs and enhance the standard of living for regional residents.
Scope of Work and Expectations
Responses should address the consultant’s competence and experience in preparation of an integrated marketing communications plan that includes but is not limited to the following multiple marketing disciplines:
- Website design and content update
- Promotional materials
- Earned media
- Social media
The plan should focus on the economic development targetindustry markets of the region which include:
- Manufacturing (Aluminum, Automotive, and Food)
Statement of Qualifications
Proposals from qualified contractors should include the following:
- Proposer’s company/individual name and contact information
- Proposer’s history, including principals and major accomplishments specific to formulation of marketing communications plan for industrial properties
- Outline of the experience and qualifications of the firm and identification and resume of assigned project manager and other person(s) to be assigned to the project
- Describe past record of performance with WKRIDA and/or other clients developing similar projects. Include the name and number of a contact person for each reference project.
- Outline the firm's capacity for performance. Describe the timeframe for services to be provided and staffing consideration such as availability, workload, etc. Indicate availability and any restrictions for attendance at any onsite meetings or presentations.
- Proposed scope of work based upon the minimum plan elements as listed above in Scope of Work and Expectations, including specific milestones with timeline and identified deliverables.
- Price for completion of the integrated marketing communications plan
Evaluation / Award Criteria
Qualifications will be evaluated and ranked based on the following criteria.
Experience and qualifications / Past Performance 40
Service Requirements 20
Statements of Qualifications will be evaluated on August 1, 2017 on the basis of written materials; therefore, it is not necessary that a representative of the firm attend the evaluation meeting.
Statements of Qualifications will be evaluated and ranked on the basis of the following considerations:
- Experience or technical expertise of the firm with regard to the type of the services to be provided and projects of a similar nature. Particular emphasis will be given to the experience and background of the project team and to that of the individual assigned as project manager.
- Proposed cost of the project compared to the planned budget and other submittals
3. Past record of performance on contracts with the WKRIDA or other entities on similar projects.
4. Capacity of the contractor to deliver the proposed work within time limitations.
After the close of evaluations, WKRIDA will contact the highest-ranking firm and enter contract negotiations and a specific scope of work. If WKRIDA is unable to negotiate a satisfactory agreement, the second ranked firm will be contacted. Once a firm has been selected, all unsuccessful candidates will be promptly notified.
Statements of Qualifications will be accepted by WKRIDA until 12:00 p.m. on July 14, 2017, at the address listed below. Proposals should be sealed and marked on the envelope, "WKRIDA Comprehensive Marketing Communications Plan - Statements of Qualifications." Each firm shall submit eight (8) copies of the statement. Late proposals will not be considered.
All Statements of Qualifications should be addressed to:
West Kentucky Regional Industrial Development Authority
ATTN: Whitney Risley
136 Second Street, Suite 500
P O Box 674
Henderson, KY 42419
All costs incurred in the preparation of a proposal responding to this RFP will be the responsibility of the Offeror and will not be reimbursed by the WKRIDA.