Kyndle (Kentucky Network for Development, Leadership & Engagement)
Position Title: Manager of Existing Industries and Workforce Development
Reports to: V P of Economic Development
1) Generate quality economic impact by developing a strong business retention and expansion program; Valued Industry Program (VIP).
2) To meet with the companies to collect vital information concerning the status of their business to better serve them.
3) Develop a seamless workforce system to address the shortage of workers for high-demand jobs today by working the education system to develop the workers of the future by utilizing the resources that exist in the four-county Kyndle region.
Kyndle merges the business support and industrial recruitment efforts of the former Henderson-Henderson County Chamber of Commerce and Northwest Kentucky Forward.
Mission: Kyndle provides information, services, advocacy and economic development expertise for our stakeholders and communities in Henderson, McLean, Union and Webster counties.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of VIP, Kyndle’s business retention and expansion program
- Continue to meet annually with identified existing industries (currently 130)
- Collect and coordinate data, insuring consistent input of data collected from visitations
- Annually, generate and release a summary of key findings of data collected from VIP
- Manage existing industry leads – those cultivated from new targets and inbound prospects as well as those identified through VIP.
- Create and develop a Manufacturers’ association for plant managers.
- Create and develop a Human Resource personnel subgroup of the Manufacturers’ Association.
- Plan and coordinate meetings based upon the needs and interests of our existing industries such as industry-related seminars, job fairs and reverse job fairs in conjunction with the Kyndle Education/Workforce committee.
- Organize and manage the Education/Workforce committee.
- Develop and/or coordinate surveys and other instruments such as wage and benefit survey and analysis of workforce needs.
- Serve as a liaison between the business and education communities.
- Assist as needed with Kyndle counties to maintain “Certified” status in the Work Ready Program or assist as practicable “In Progress” counties to advance to “Certified” status.
- Work with CEO, VP of Economic Development and various other stakeholders, to develop a community workforce development system.
- Build relationships with the business community – furthering Kyndle’s mission of providing a quality economic development delivery system across the four-county region.
- Other duties as assigned by the V P of Economic Development.
- Team support – cooperation with team members as needed.
- Some travel may be required.
- Leadership, organizational, coalition building and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; report writing, public presentations.
- Strong CRM and MS office software knowledge and internet search techniques.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high-volume, fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage confidential and critical client information.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Self-directed, team player.
- Knowledge of region in terms of business and services.
- Undergraduate degree with experience in economic development, business development or community development preferred.
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com